Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dead History

As I lie awake not yet asleep I feel I am in a tomb of drowsiness as I gaze upon a sea of never ending words describing the dry history that was. If only it was a tsunami of alive history that has been, one that could engulf the senses as someone reads. The words themselves could swirl around and drown the reader in a glorious rendering of the past. Why is it historians have yet to find this ability of entrapment? Oh if only people could see history through the eyes of romanticist, but one with a firm grasp on reality. The true beauty that lies within the real stories of the past could be unleashed in an awe inspiring symphony of adventure... but alas, I sit and read the dry sentences with the bland words of the dead history.

No comments:

Post a Comment